About Charlotte Awake
Why We’re Here
Our Goal: To help the church reach the next generations through relationally-rich, healthy congregations where disciples make new disciples, leaders train new leaders, and congregations continually plant new congregations.
We seek to establish 500 new church congregations in Charlotte that range in size ideally from 20-60 people, and that bring revitalization to the entire church of the city.
Who We are
Our Story: Charlotte Awake was established in the early 2000s by a group of prayer intercessors from across the church who had been asking God for generations for revival, the salvation of souls, God to work mightily in the marketplace, and for the lordship of King Jesus over the Queen City. Charlotte Awake continued for a number of years, but then became inactive.
In 2014, the Lord directed Pastor David Ingrassia to reorganize Charlotte Awake with the intent of revitalizing the church through planting 500 small congregations to bring new life and vitality, using the simple structures of the New Testament church to reach 21st century generations. Charlotte Awake is governed by a Board of biblically qualified elders who are accountable to the ministry direction, finances, and leadership.
- We do everything with excellence as unto the Lord for God’s glory.
- Every single person matters to God, so we treat each with God’s love and with a view to salvation in Jesus Christ.
- We live in obedience to the Holy Spirit and the Bible, and do all things by prayer in light of Scripture.
- We pray.
- Characteristics of a healthy church include: (1) disciples making disciples; (2) leaders training leaders; (3) congregations continually multiplying.
- Reading the Bible together in “Bible Clusters” is our primary way of introducing people to the Lord and proclaiming the truth of the Gospel from Scripture.
- Small groups and congregations (“Community Clusters”) provide the best spiritual environments for relationally-rich disciple making.
- Biblical leaders train new qualified and tested leaders, and there is no shortcut to that process.
Charlotte Awake is governed by a Board of biblically qualified elders who are accountable to the ministry direction, finances, and leadership.
- Pastor David Ingrassia
- Pastor Justin Roper
- Pastor Dana Bryan
- Pastor Walton Yuen
- Mike Vaughn
- Erich Rupprecht
- Church congregations in Charlotte and around the world
- Donald E. Sanchez, Through My Lens 529
- American Bible Society
- Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
A very special thank you to Donald E. Sanchez from Through My Lens 529 for your photography. Your photos help us better serve the church, and we are grateful.
Invest in Building the Net
Thank you for partnering in helping Charlotte Awake complete the great commission by helping churches introduce God's peace one heart at a time.