An Interview with Mike Boyes
Joining us on this Church Awake podcast is Mike Boyes. He is a pastor that has labored for decades in church planting and revitalization, but is not taking a different approach to reach the lost. From church leadership conflict to severe illness, Mike has remained hopeful in God to use him to reach the next generations of believers in Christ.
“When I left that, I’m like, I don’t know where I fit anymore. I’ve been a pastor for 20 years and I don’t feel like I fit in church anymore.” – Mike Boyes
- 5 years of heartache, conflict, and a breaking away from a denomination
- The difficulty in trying to change an organization
- Is it worth trying to change an existing organization or start new?
- Keeping people happy rather than training people to sacrifice
- If the mission is to reach lost people by discipling holiness, sacrifice, loving God’s people, then he doesn’t see the church doing much of that.
Subscribe to the Church Awake podcast on your favorite podcast player--just search "Church Awake"! Don't have a player? Don't worry, you can find all of our episodes here at CharlotteAwake.com.